Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oh...the Christmas trees, once tended by poor and poisoned Mexican laborers working on vast, also poisoned farms in North Carolina, are now laid out alongside hulking bags of trash on New York City sidewalks. In a few days, the evergreen needles will turn yellow-red, then brown. On television, all the talking heads discuss dieting and dating...or quitting cigarettes.

All of which means....Happy New Year, Amerika!

Anyway, I'm back in the saddle and posts will be forthcoming. I've got a lot to say about my homeland, the southern Delmarva Peninsula, but it may take a few days to catch up here at work and get the photographs in order.

In the meantime, they'll be other things to read. I hope everyone enjoyed the last days of 2005 and best wishes in 2006!

2 comments:

Mikhail Capone said...

Happy new year!

This year will be the year of important change for me. Next spring I'll know if I start working as a lawyer immediately or if I try my hand at full-time blogging with Treehugger.

2006 should be exciting!

Hungry Hyaena said...

Mikhail:

Good luck with either road.