Thursday, February 16, 2006

Shameless Self Promotion

Image hosting by Photobucket
This link will whisk you to a recent interview I did with Scrawled, an Australian based, international arts/culture webzine that premiered last month. (Disclaimer: Yes, I did promote the publication - a couple of weeks ago - and add it to my blogroll knowing that the interview was forthcoming. I'm transparent.)

A pleasant bonus, the editors have since invited me on board as the NY Art Correspondent, so starting next issue, I'll have a monthly "column" in Scrawled, which will usually be a review/profile piece on an individual artist or collective.

Follow-up Note: In response to several emails already received. Yes, I am aware of just how out-of-character the photo used on the first page of the interview is. I described it as the "International Male shot" when I sent it in to the editors, but now seeing it online, the "fabulousness" of the pose is magnified.

Photo credit: courtesy Scrawled webzine

9 comments:

Mikhail Capone said...

Didn't have time to read the whole thing yet, but I did look at all the paintings.

Good stuff, both the first part of the interview and the paintings.

Michael McDevitt said...

Is that look Blue Steel or Le Tigra?

Anonymous said...

Which one are you, the interviewer or interviewee?

Hungry Hyaena said...

Mikhail:

Thanks.

Michael:

Totally Le Tigra. Work it....work it.

Anonymous:

I'm the interviewee.

Anonymous said...

As I told you last night, the photo takes away from your
impressive work and your interview. Now I can understand that you use the hungry Hyaena as a front! But having said that, now the look alike......

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Chris(HH)for being Scrawled's new Art Correspondent...is it a paying gig? It was a great interview and very nice images, however, "Star Jones or Tom Jones?"..."Their lovechild" I do need to get to New York, buy you a cup of coffee and have you explain that to me. ..the question, not the answer.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! very impressive interview... but somehow familiar to me..is it because I've been reading yours regularly? haha

Reagarding your photo... half naked? never seen before...anyway I won't recognize you if I bump into you on the street. Of course, you look better!

Michael McDevitt said...

BTW, nice new work. It's kind of like the white imploded and let some semblence of a world take form.
That, my friend, is the power of your new Magnum look, huh?

Paddy Johnson said...

Hey official congrats.

Dude, what a photo.