Friday, January 02, 2009

Artist A Day, Flavorpill and Letters From the Inquisition


Christopher Reiger
"Sublime Revelation"
2006
Watercolor, gouache, and marker on Arches paper
27 x 32 inches


Welcome to 2009, everyone! I'm feeling very good about the year of the ox.

I have three quick announcements to make.

1) This past Tuesday (12/30/08), I was the featured artist on Artist A Day. The feature is something of a belated birthday present; I reached my 31st anniversary on December 29th. If you visit the site, please take a second to rate my work (on the right side of the page), as I'd like the feedback. Better yet, add a comment.

2) On the same day, Flavorpill used a detail of one of my earlier paintings - 2006's 'Sublime Revelation" - for it's New York edition banner (Issue 447, December 30th). Although some of the information included in the associated bio is a bit out-dated, this was another pleasant surprise.


3)
I will now be an (ir)regular contributer to Letters From the Inquisition. Michael McDevitt, a friend and professional peer for over a decade, invited me to contribute over a month ago, but I'm only now getting around to writing some posts. Michael and I met in 1996 at the College of William & Mary, in Williamsburg, Virginia. During our time at William & Mary, we co-founded Synoddity, a cross-disciplinary arts organization. Synoddity championed generalism over specialization but, acknowledging that our current body of knowledge is increasingly divided and sub-divided, encouraged conversation and exchange across fields. In many respects, Letters From the Inquisition is similarly inclined, and I'm pleased to be a part of it.

No comments: