Monday, October 19, 2009

Carel Brest van Kempen

I felt certain that I'd highlighted Carel Pieter Brest van Kempen's paintings in earlier HH posts, but, after some archival digging, I've discovered that I did not. Below, I've "embedded" two of Carel's terrific time-lapse documents of his process.


Carel Pieter Brest van Kempen
"Riparian Rashomon Diptych:
Agami Heron (Agamia agami) and Brilliant Forest Frog (Rana warszewitschii)"
2009
Acrylic on illustration board
15 x 20 inches; 15 x 20 inches



Carel Pieter Brest van Kempen
"Wilson's Bird of Paradise Portrait (Cicinnurus respublica)"
2008
Acrylic on illustration board
6 x 9 inches


Carel also has an excellent blog devoted to his artwork and to musings on natural history, politics, and miscellany.

Image credits: both videos, copyright Carel Pieter Brest van Kempen, 2009, 2008

No comments: